As I've discussed, I was introduced to this international dating game and the country of Ukraine through Anastasia-Date website, and I even used this company for my first trip/tour to Odessa, Ukraine. Before I discuss some of the "Pitfalls" of this dating game, let me offer a link that discusses the fact that at least Anastasia-Date is trying to crackdown on some of the fraudulent practices of far too many young ladies in Ukraine as well as the local agencies that represent them:
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/04/09/the-mail-order-bride-boom/?iid=SF_F_River
Anytime we are on a dating site that requires payment for communication and/or correspondence, we should be suspicious that there very well could be ulterior motives, regardless of the claims of the company or website we are using. In all honesty, these Western-based companies and websites can only do so much when it comes to the honesty and integrity of ladies halfway around the world and the local agencies that represent them. But in my experience, I will say this: Every time I have brought significant evidence of wrongdoing or fraudulent activity to the attention of an international dating company or website, the company has taken action and usually removed the girl from its site and issued refunded credit.
Before I get into the specifics of the variety of scams that are perpetrated from "long-distance," I would recommend any man who is considering investing his time, money, effort and emotional well-being into seeking a bride from Ukraine, always apply "romantic common sense"... call on your faculties, experiences and memories to evaluate whether or not a love relationship is truly blossoming, or only a one-way "sponsorship" is in the works...
I have coined a phrase I mentioned to my friends in Odessa many times... the 3-date Rule. If you are "investing" in an interpreter, nice dinners, perhaps small introductory gifts, etc., we must see some level of "romantic" progress by the 3rd or 4th date. I'm not saying you should expect to sleep with her this quickly, but there must be some signs of mutual romantic chemistry... common sense here. If your prospective "bride" is not willing to hold your hand or take your arm while walking, get closer to you physically, become more comfortable with "innocent" kissing... some romantic sign by the 3rd or 4th date, then in all likelihood, you're probably becoming a victim of the "dog and pony show"... another phrase I've coined...
The "dog and pony show" is the girl with "her" interpreter, and the two of them are more interested in talking with each other in Russian than making any romantic connection with the poor chap sporting the bill. Often times these 2 girls are good friends and/or sincere business partners, only interested in keeping the meter running with interpreter fees, expensive meals, expensive shopping, fraudulent taxi expenses, and virtually anything else you can think of that causes money to leave your wallet...
In my next entry, I will discuss the pros and cons of the "pay" websites, the letter writing, the live chatting, and the rest...
Odessa at Sunrise...
No comments:
Post a Comment