So after I overcame the shock and realization that when my alarm clock rang at 2 a.m. that morning in May, 2008, I was actually going to board my first flight heading East with my destination the former Soviet Union, not to mention traveling alone, my sense of adventure and excitement took over...
At this point, I'll mention that had it not been for an organized tour sponsored by the same website that introduced me to Ukrainian women, Anastasia-Date.com, I probably would never had taken this thought/dream/adventure into reality... maybe, maybe not. But knowing I would meet the Anastasia Tour Representative in New York City along with several other free-spirited "Yanks" looking for their dream girls calmed my nerves a bit.
Upon my arrival at JFK, I calmly walked toward a tall, dapper American man with a lovely young lady by his side holding a clear sign stating, "Anastasia Tour"... I knew I was in the right spot. This man was the Anastasia Tour Representative, William, with his lovely Ukrainian girlfriend, Galina. And now, nearly 6 years later, I can honestly say that William is one my dearest and closest friends, and his Ukrainian lady, now his wife, is one of the sweetest and most sincere women I've ever met... on any continent.
As this discussion continues, everyone will learn that I have mixed feelings regarding websites and companies that deal in the international matchmaking business... there are some real positives, but also some real negatives. I guess the bottomline that I will emphasize throughout this discussion is the business of "love," international relationships, this entire "business" is truly the ultimate Caveat Emptor... Buyer Beware (on steroids!)... The old expression, "Love makes you do crazy things," never held more truth than when it comes to love-seeking American and Western men arriving in a country like Ukraine. If I've learned anything, I learned that the Beatles hit the nail on the head when they declared, "Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out..."
No comments:
Post a Comment